Thursday, October 17, 2013

Part of the Game, Solved

After the back-and-forth phone tag nonsense that accompanies every doctor's appointment and nurse's visit and insurance company mayhem; and the infuriating inability to actually get in contact with the people you need to contact about a million different things; and my complete lack of patience and Patrick's incredible levels of frustration and anger...

I have my surgical consultation / pre-operation appointment on Monday at 2.45 with Dr. Ducic. He essentially triages his patients, so it could still be a while (like, January) before the actual surgery, or it could be as soon as next month. It all depends on his current case load and everyone's duration and severity of pain. Being as I'm completely and utterly debilitated and have spent about 2 1/2 of the last four years on bed rest or on restrictions, I'd like to think the surgery can happen sooner than later.

I have to go to my regular neurologist here so I can have six or eight shots into the back of my skull so that I can even think about bearing the almost six-hour car ride home. It will be a fun trip up there with a dog with fleas, a cat with fleas, and a Bina who may or may not be able to actually sit upright for any duration of the trip.

This part of waiting sucks big time, too. I know it's coming, but when? Can it be soon? I hate not being in control of what is happening to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment