Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting...

So the insurance denied the surgery for a reason I don't yet know; I haven't received a damn letter from them, and when I spoke to my case manager, her system showed only the Botox denial letter. I don't know what the reason is, so I can't really go forward from there.

But then, like always in my life, we're still stuck, but for an entirely new reason. Inga, Dr. Ducic's secretary / scheduler, phoned on Monday to say that everything was in order on their end, and that she'd put a call into the surgery center to make an appointment for me as early as possible. She said that we should have a date ASAP and that we'd know either that afternoon or first thing tomorrow. Tuesday came and went. Wednesday came and went. Thursday came and went. Nothing. So we phoned back in on Friday afternoon to ask what the hold-up is. Inga told us that, essentially, the surgery center was being a douche face and hadn't phoned her back, even after she'd phoned them a few new times. It doesn't make me feel better that the surgery center hadn't phoned back to schedule various procedures for the other 100-odd patients of Dr. Ducic waiting for a date. The surgery didn't even have the guts to return a single phone call for any procedure and any patient. Inga was so apologetic, and I felt terrible for phoning in ALL THE TIME to pester her where my case was. She simply couldn't do anything, and it's not her fault, and I could hear that she was as frustrated as the doctor's patients - we're all losing our patience (haha). There is simply nothing she or I could do about it, but I suspect she's going to raise some serious hell.

All I wanted was a small piece of good news for the holiday, and to start off the year with positive thinking. On Friday and Saturday, I was manically angry, the kind that my medications couldn't control because it came out of sync with my cycle. Now I've simply become despondent. This constant bad news and putting things aside is excruciating.

This is yet another christmas where I'm sick. It's always something - chicken pox, migraines, depressive cycles. It's the third christmas in a row that I've been too ill to enjoy the holiday. I mean, I really don't enjoy it anymore, anyway; it only makes me terribly sad to think about how excited and thrilled it made me as a child / early teenager, and how that feeling is completely gone from my entire life. I don't get that same kind of excited-ness, and I wish I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment